God and i thought he was normal
Jonnywhy
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Post by Jonnywhy » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:33 am

Anyone seen this movie? I saw it in 3D and thought that it was absoultly immense, loved every second.
"Hey actually Jonnywhy is right" - AngryWolf

"I agree with Jonnywhy" - Supernova

"Jonnywhy you're about as useful as a ashtray on a motor bike!" - Fester

Thanatosgratus

Re: Avatar

Post by Thanatosgratus » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:46 am

Hopefully I'll see it this week, There is already talk that they might make a sequel.

Knails

Post by Knails » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:32 am

It was pretty good.
Probably the first film I've seen in 3d where the 3D made it better rather than worse.
Also the reviews were right. Avatar is so obviously political about red indians and even Iraq/Afghanistan it make titanic look subtle.

Mark3h

Post by Mark3h » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:35 am

I liked the film, seeing it in 3D made it worth while, it was definately worth the viewing.
Although in a nutshell like knails said, its cowboys vs indians on steriods.

Pogue Mahone

Post by Pogue Mahone » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:53 am

Heard some raving reviews about it, some really strange. Like how the film has changed their life :lol: Defiantly going to watch it, don't know whether with 3D though. A sequel ? ffs, probably so they can cash in on it. This film has got trilogy written all over it & I haven't even seen it :o

Knails

Post by Knails » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:24 am

Watch it in 3D, Its one of the first films made specifically with 3D in mind, and it works. Just don't look at the bits that are out of focus on screen or you will get a headache. Normally directors hide things in the out of focus points on screen but James Cameron was made aware of the issues with 3D and shot the film slightly differently, If he wants you to see it, its in focus. Just don't smear popcorn grease on your glasses.

With the ending. not so sure about setting up for a sequel.
Though that never stopped James Cameron before.

Pogue Mahone

Post by Pogue Mahone » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:53 am

Their's already speculation about a sequel, whether it's set up or not it will happen if they want it to.
jased10s wrote:fraid to admit i downloaded a copy a few weeks ago ( highdef ) great film and kicking myself, going of to watch it it pure form . shit story line tho.
Yes Jased sounds like a plan, I'll download HD. Them glasses will make me feel silly :-?

Jonnywhy

Post by Jonnywhy » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:22 pm

Apparently all the actors were signed up to do a sequal before they even started filming the 1st one. If ever a story didn't need a sequal though...
"Hey actually Jonnywhy is right" - AngryWolf

"I agree with Jonnywhy" - Supernova

"Jonnywhy you're about as useful as a ashtray on a motor bike!" - Fester

BBloke

Post by BBloke » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:32 pm

That sounds so bad! There are few good sequels around and even less trilogys. There's far too much milking going on.. bring back the days when a film at the cinema was aall you got.... Back To The Future FTW!
" 'Mother' is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children."

LazyEagle

Post by LazyEagle » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:38 pm

In the case of Avatar, which I haven't seen yet, but would be very curious as to where Jase downloaded a HD Copy, the sequel is very possible as the main cost of the film was the technology and building the virtual world.

As the virtual world now exists and is sitting on some server in Hollywood, they could probably bang out a sequel as a fraction of the cost and make another bazillion dollars!