Demoman Update!

God and i thought he was normal
YamNivek

Re: Demoman Update!

Post by YamNivek » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:05 pm

It like the scouts but alcohol based instead of sugar based! It has an upside and downside to both just after youve taken it and after the initial effects have worn off. The scouts has just an upside and then a downside.

DragoonKnight
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4
Location: In the shadows, waiting persistently for the right moment to strike...

Post by DragoonKnight » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:21 pm

maybe they can use the dynamite weapon they scrapped that was shown in the intial trailers
Dare you to enter the Festertrix? Home of the slow motion Weed!
ImageImageImage

Jonnywhy

Post by Jonnywhy » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:44 pm

YamNivek wrote:It like the scouts but alcohol based instead of sugar based! It has an upside and downside to both just after youve taken it and after the initial effects have worn off.
If they use it frequently, games and games later the Demoman can be found in a shop doorway asleep in a pile of blankets clutching a brown paper bag and sporting a long beard, moaning 'where did it all go wrong?'
"Hey actually Jonnywhy is right" - AngryWolf

"I agree with Jonnywhy" - Supernova

"Jonnywhy you're about as useful as a ashtray on a motor bike!" - Fester

YamNivek

Post by YamNivek » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:52 pm

You've been to glasgow then?

Aonn

Post by Aonn » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:09 pm

LazyEagle wrote:I really like Aonn's idea of being able to attach stickies to the enemy team.
It would be fairly balanced as they could always run at you thus killing you int he explosion.
I dunno about proximity mines, as it would make it too easy in choke points, but I think the idea of mines in general is a good one.
enemy team ? u put the stickies on youre scout and send him otw to the enemy , then when u think its best u blow him and hopfully some enemys up :gun:

BBloke

Post by BBloke » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:19 pm

Walking time bomb.. that is a nice idea.. couple that with a bonk drink and the fact that the explosion wont harm the scout.. well there be an uproar.. well at least by me!! LOL
" 'Mother' is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children."

George_clooney

Post by George_clooney » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:53 pm

Ive got a couple ideas for the Soldier
-Heatseeker(3 rockets in a clip, minor target tracking and if enemy is on fire increased traking, normal damage)

-spike pistol(fires spikes that stick in an enemy, a few seconds later they pop shooting spikes in all directions similar to TFC soldier granade just dosent last as long)

-sandbags(Makes a barrier that needs to be destroyed to be removed, good for defense, block acsess to areas before the round starts)

I have one more soldier weapon this is a little farfeched

-The moarter(fires quickly up in the air and comes down in an arc, no reload just one shot after the next, can also be picked up and used as a normal launcher with only 1 shot reload.

I also have some Demo ideas!!!!!!!

-Hand held stickies( Meele weapon sticks 2 stickeis to an enemy to be detonated when ever, does no imideate damage(added idea stick them to your teamates ie. scout))

-boomstick( replaces granade launcher, a directional explosive, single shot, short range, similar to flame thrower, major blast back)

-mines(burie them in the ground takes a second or two to plant, invisible, like stickies are disabled when demo dies)

Aonn

Post by Aonn » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:45 am

George_clooney wrote:Ive got a couple ideas for the Soldier
-Heatseeker(3 rockets in a clip, minor target tracking and if enemy is on fire increased traking, normal damage)

-spike pistol(fires spikes that stick in an enemy, a few seconds later they pop shooting spikes in all directions similar to TFC soldier granade just dosent last as long)

-sandbags(Makes a barrier that needs to be destroyed to be removed, good for defense, block acsess to areas before the round starts)

I have one more soldier weapon this is a little farfeched

-The moarter(fires quickly up in the air and comes down in an arc, no reload just one shot after the next, can also be picked up and used as a normal launcher with only 1 shot reload.

I also have some Demo ideas!!!!!!!

-Hand held stickies( Meele weapon sticks 2 stickeis to an enemy to be detonated when ever, does no imideate damage(added idea stick them to your teamates ie. scout))

-boomstick( replaces granade launcher, a directional explosive, single shot, short range, similar to flame thrower, major blast back)

-mines(burie them in the ground takes a second or two to plant, invisible, like stickies are disabled when demo dies)

i like the sandbag ide would work for demoman aswell as his an "defensive" dude / mines are a nice ide coz it cant be used all over the maps ie on a wooden bridge or stone flore so its not gonna be a huge problem ... well atleast thats my first thought.... mines insted of stickies ? wont be many mines after everyone got the achivments involved kinda like the backburner

oldmeme

Post by oldmeme » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:57 pm

Dunno about the Demo, but as far as Soldier goes, I know what I want.

A new rocket launcher that shoots rockets faster than the old, with a faster firing rate and an ever so slightly faster reload time, with the cost of somewhere between 60-80% of original launchers damage.

Secondary:
I want this: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... p?t=822536" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
But it will likely end up as a rifle of sorts because according to EEEEVERYone on the steam forums, its the best idea since sliced bread.

Melee:
Not entirely sure... considering it now actually...

Jonnywhy

Post by Jonnywhy » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:41 pm

Intriging...
"Hey actually Jonnywhy is right" - AngryWolf

"I agree with Jonnywhy" - Supernova

"Jonnywhy you're about as useful as a ashtray on a motor bike!" - Fester