new update

God and i thought he was normal
Johnimus Prime
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 70

Re: new update

Post by Johnimus Prime » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:50 pm

Supernova wrote:Del, I thought you were in the People's Front of Judea?
Completely off the subject - I went to Uni in Aberystwyth and found out very recently that Life Of Brian is still banned in Aber. The new Aber mayor played the woman in the Peoples Front of Judea and found out it was banned, and is now trying to get it unbanned.

Funny thing is that (and I mean no offence to any of you guys here) some fuckwit Christian leader who either hasn't watched the film and is basing his opinion on what previous fuckwits have said, or has watched it and is too dimwitted to understand what is going on, has said it should still be banned because it takes the piss out of Jesus. Now where is that brick wall I was banging my head against.....

or maybe I am misreading the situation. Maybe he invested in the film and is creating a bit of news buzz to get it selling by the bucketload. In which case he's a very shrewd spin doctor. I somehow think not.
"Quit your whinging, lets start binging'"

Toco

Post by Toco » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:30 am

it is that bad klink, it has to be thge center of the back, it cant be back left or back right, granted when first realeased the backburner crit way too much and i can understand them nerfing it, as for the suicide deaths granting kill credit that was over due, for too long could a soilder kill me and then rocket himself just to fuck me out of a kill, either way its gonna be a death for him so why not fuck a pyro out of a kill, well no more thank god. the flare gun yea it screws up a snipers aim if they arnt a pro with it and as we all know we have a few snipers on the server that put aimbots to shame, but now without the hp bonus a reg rocket that hits ya dead on can kill a pyro, 1 sticky well placed will kill a pyro, as for the air blast to negate those yea it works to some degree, its brutaly inacurate but still relitivly effective. i guess what im saying is its wrong to take away the health bonus compleatly, i wouldnt bitch as much if they knocked our hp down to say 195, its less then a sollys hp, but enough so we can at least live a lucky shot or well placed sticky. that and at this rate i can see valve fucking pyros by giving some other class a pyro raping weapon of some sort like a heat seaking rocket launcher, pyros are getting screwed and i shall stick to my guns and fight on in the forums for pyros everywhere
EH! Oh! Canada go! - Team Canadas 2010 offical olympic Chant
:Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi: :Engi:

vonklinkerhoffen

Post by vonklinkerhoffen » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:03 am

I think you smoke too much Toco. ;)
A reg rocket = 120 damage, a reg sticky = 140 damage I believe so no way u get killed by a reg sticky or rocket.

Every class has his advantages and disadvantages.
Being able to close range taking out heavies, demos and sollies is a fact and ability of the pyro.

Furthermore it is a teamgame, so I shouldnt make character vs character comparisons.

Like you are complaining, you will be only happy if you get 250HP, fast as a scout, frontburner with 100% crits and flame is reaching 10x longer.

Running around corners into a pyro is most of the times just fatal.

Also, Unlockable weapons are gadgets imo and not necessarily stronger or beneficial, this for new players with none or few achievements having fun as well without putting them in a disadvantage.

My previous post about the nerfs was pretty like hitting the nail imo.

Toco

Post by Toco » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:10 am

well when ur class gets its update i hope they take away ur biggest bonus(s) from it so u have an idea what it feels like to be robbed, and im not as bad as u make me sound, i can understand nerfing a overpowered class to some degree but the pyros back to being underpowered, in all reality is it that hard to burn away an additional 50 hp, an xtra hit with a rocket, a few more rounds out of the chaingun. its not like im asking for the pyro to turn into the god of fire or something

and yes i do smoke too much and no thats not a problem nor is that the point of this agrument :greentoke:

BBloke
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Post by BBloke » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:00 pm

It's an interesting thread alright but what is apparent is how we perceive the classes. The pros and cons are just simply subjective.

Consider the medic and the Kritzkreig. There is a simply offset to that weapon and that is you get 100% crits whilst active and uber charges quicker than the normal weapon but at the price and cost of losing the invulnerability. Sounds like a sensible pay off to me.

I swap and change on the pyro weapons and have now favoured the shotgun because to me I find it more useful. The back burner has its uses on certain maps but then the compress blast comes in very handy.

I've gone off the soldier at the moment an gone with the demoman. Now I'm sure there will be controversy if he got a shotgun! Perish the thought.
" 'Mother' is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children."

Supernova

Post by Supernova » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:31 pm

A shotgun to replace sticky bombs? no thanks :P
A clever demo can be ridiculously annoying to the other team xD
(by clever, unfortunately, it often means camping - such is the nature of a wait and remote release weapon)

vonklinkerhoffen

Post by vonklinkerhoffen » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:50 pm

FYI Toco ,
I have no anti-pyro attitude
It's just that they made the pyro finally offense class-worthy and the updates are good, but not good enough for you ;)
Some updates are not as clearly visible as for example a backburner, but they surely improved the damage dealing of the flamethrower !
My opinion is that he is now fairly balanced atm.
Last edited by vonklinkerhoffen on Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Toco

Post by Toco » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:52 pm

i think all classes should get the shotgun or handgun just as a backup but hey thats just me

BBloke

Post by BBloke » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:34 pm

Yeah I know how annoying a demo can be... class similarities are good but differences are great :)
" 'Mother' is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children."

Toco

Post by Toco » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:40 pm

vonklinkerhoffen wrote:FYI Toco ,
I have no anti-pyro attitude
It's just that they made the pyro finally offense class-worthy and the updates are good, but not good enough for you ;)
Some updates are not as clearly visible as for example a backburner, but they surely improved the damage dealing of the flamethrower !
My opinion is that he is now fairly balanced atm.
they robbed us of our ability to run into the enemy base and BBQ everything and just keep running, now we are turned into various lil bits far too quickly, u have to remeber now thx to the update pyros are public enemy #1, ppl will kill a damn pyro b4 a heavy it seems these days, im gonna have to use tatics again and well lets face it im too much of a stoner for tatics